Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Apple Balsamic Vinaigrette

I love a balsamic vinaigrette and haven't found a bottled one I like.I decided to make my own. Here is one attempt that I really enjoyed. If you like a bite to your dressing, use the jalapeno pepper. I enjoyed it in there, but it was really spicy. This dressing was lovely and gave a similar flavor to my salad as Panera Bread's White Balsamic Apple Vinaigrette. I really enjoyed it. If I come across a better one, I'll edit and let you know!
SERVES 16 , 2 cups


Ingredients
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 apple, quartered, seeded, no need to peel
1/4 vidalia onion
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons honey dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon Tony Chachere's Seasoning
1/4 cup water
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 jalapeno pepper, whole, not seeded
1/2 lemon, juice only
Directions
1Blend all in blender until smooth.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 (25g)
Recipe makes 16 servings
The following items or measurements are not included below:
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
honey dijon mustard
Tony Chachere's Seasoning
Calories 66
Calories from Fat 61
(92%)
Amount Per Serving
%DV
Total Fat 6.8g
10%
Saturated Fat 0.9g
4%
Monounsaturated Fat 4.9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.7g
Trans Fat 0.0g

No comments:

Post a Comment