Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Easy Pleasy Barbeque Sloppy Jo's
Recipe #389063 35 min 5 min prep
By: Heartsong Sep 8, 2009
This was really easy and surprisingly delicious. It held a candle to my husband's Boston Butt(no one does better than he does) and homemade sauce(the best sauce I've ever had), especially considering the time and effort it took. I did them to feed a crowd of my son's friends when I needed something quick. I tasted this without the onion and jalapeno. It was still really good. I just had them on hand and add veggies to everything. If you seed the jalapeno and take out the membrane, it is not hot.
SERVES 18 , 4 1/2 cups (1/4 cup per sandwich) (change servings and units)

Ingredients
2 1/2 lbs ground beef, browned well and drained well
1 (12 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce, I used Kraft Original
1 Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon dry mustard or prepared mustard
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1-2 garlic cloves, pressed (optional)
1 onion, diced (optional)
5 jalapenos, seeded and diced (optional)
Directions
1Optional Step. Saute onion and jalapeno until tender and carmelized, 10 to 15 minutes. (I have heavy well seasoned cast iron, so I didn't start with a teaspoon of oil, but if you don't have nonstick or well seasoned cast iron, start with a little oil.)Add garlic and saute garlic for 2 minutes.
2In a sepearate pan, if you are in a hurry, brown meat until well browned. Drain well.(I rinse my meat to get the fat out, but not too much.).
3Combine meat, barbeque sauce, lipton soup mix, water,mustard, worcestershire, and vegetables if you opted for them. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
4Serve on a bun.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 (102g)
Recipe makes 18 servings
The following items or measurements are not included below:
1 Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Calories 154
Calories from Fat 90
(58%)
Amount Per Serving
%DV
Total Fat 10.0g
15%
Saturated Fat 3.8g
18%
Monounsaturated Fat 4.4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g
Trans Fat 0.6g
Cholesterol 42mg
14%
Sodium 220mg
9%
Potassium 233mg
6%
Total Carbohydrate 3.1g
1%
Dietary Fiber 0.3g
1%
Sugars 1.0g
Protein 12.2g

No comments:

Post a Comment