Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Living Word


God's word is alive. I know it every time I read it. I feel His presence in His word. I hear His heart in His word. He changes my heart with His Word. For that, I am so very grateful. 

I see the stain of my sin ever before me. My heart is not the heart I want most of the time. I want His heart in me. Mine is tarnished. 

Sanctification is a process. If you are like me, you probably wish it was instantaneous. Oh for that glorious day when the presence of sin will be no more, when I am in glory, and I don't have to struggle with my sin nature that I abhor. But it is a tedious process. I struggle with the same things over and over, trying to root those stubborn sinful attitudes and actions out of my life. 

When I am immersed in His presence, in His Word, I feel the difference between who I am and who I want to be. I see the change He makes in me. I am grateful. I love Who He Is in me. Without Him, I would be hopeless, angry, bitter, hurt... Doomed to be buried and rotting in my sin. Doomed to relive past grievances until my soul rotted in the ugly bitterness of the pain. In Him, because He has forgiven me, I find the strength to forgive, to let go. To want to be like Him.

 Without Him, I would be doomed to be irritated by the annoyances of every day life, doomed to be selfish and self-centered all the time, doomed to squander my time and my days in self indulgence. He is my self control. He is my strength. He is the love in my heart. He is my direction. 

As His living Word fills me, I am changed for as long as I dwell on it and am filled. That's why He says to meditate on it day and night. That's why He tells us to pray without ceasing. That's why He tells us to always be thankful.

It is the constant, day in, day out, all day long practice of praise, prayer, and meditation that allows us to be filled with Him and in His presence. Only then can we be different.


I am working on that. I get so distracted by life. 

Philippians 1:6 says "He that began a good work in  you will complete it until the day of Christ Jesus."

I am so grateful.....

Hebrews 4:12

 (New American Standard Bible)
12 For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.


Joshua 1

“Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Psalm 1

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The Righteous and the Wicked Contrasted.

How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked,
Nor stand in the path of sinners,
Nor sit in the seat of scoffers!
But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water,
Which yields its fruit in its season
And its leaf does not wither;
And in whatever he does, he prospers.
The wicked are not so,
But they are like chaff which the wind drives away.
Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
Nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
For the Lord knows the way of the righteous,
But the way of the wicked will perish.

No comments:

Post a Comment