Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Source

I was talking with my son yesterday about life. I asked him what he wanted more than anything else.
He wasn't sure.
It's funny. We often don't know what we want.
But I am sure of what we need. And even if we don't know it, the only thing that can really fill us, the only thing that can really satisfy us, the only thing that can really make us whole, the only source of joy, of all good things, is God.
We want to be a people that seek, glorify and honor God, don't we?
I often pray that for all of my friends and family. That we would be a people that seek, glorify and honor God.
Then, we want to be mission minded. I want to get out there and testify!
Matthew 9:37 "The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few."
I want to be ready to give a reason for the hope that is within me. I want to let a sick and dying world know that there is a Savior.
I want my children to know how to do that.
Lord,
Help us to be faithful to seek You and know You. Empty us of ourselves and fill us that we may honor and glorify You! Teach us to be laborers in the harvest!

No comments:

Post a Comment