Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Beauty for Ashes

Isaiah 61 : 1 - 3
The Year of the Lord’s Favor
1The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
because the Lord has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,a
2to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
3and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the Lord
for the display of his splendor. 

I know that you, like me, have ashes in your life. The areas or situations that need to be restored, redeemed. The areas that need the touch of the Master's hand.
I ran across this verse tongiht. 
Often God will give me a verse to lift my heart when I am burdened for one of those areas that need His redemption. Not long ago, it was the Book of Daniel. What an awesome God we serve!
He gave me this tonight and I just wanted to share it with you. 
God is so good.
He IS our Redeemer!
Praise Him with me!

Lord,
You know the areas of my life that are weighing my heart down. Thank You that You are God. Thank You that You have the power to bring beauty from ashes! Please do that in those areas of my life and in the life of my family. You have proven that You are faithful. Thank You for helping my heart to remember!
I love You, Lord!
Cheryl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment