Search This Blog

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Studying Daniel this week.
From Daniel Ch1, although Daniel and his friends were taken into captivity in an alien land, they remained separate. We are aliens also in an alien land. We want to remain separate, also. As our culture tries to assimilate us, we need to keep our eyes on God's precepts. In Joshua 1:1-9, we are told to be strong and courageous, to meditate on His laws day and night not turning to the right or the left. Then we will make our way prosperous and then we will have success.Daniel did just this.
From Daniel Ch2, Daniel gives God the glory for his abilities.
From Daniel Ch3, when God save you, He saves you completely. Not a hair on Shadrach, Meshach , and Abednego's heads was singed.
From Daniel Ch4, God removes and restores Nebuchadnezzar. He is fully in charge of the rise and fall of leaders and nations and is capable of handling our lives.
From Daniel Ch5, I don't want to be measured and found short.
From Daniel Ch6, the king asks Daniel if his living God whom he continuously serves was able to save him. I want to continuously serve our living God.
God is sovereign and able to humble those who walk in pride. We serve a ferocious and awesome God. He is not tame.
I love Isaiah 43. I am reminded of the promises there when I read Daniel.
"But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel, 'Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine! When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you. For I am the Lord your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I have given Egypt as your ransom, Cush and Seba in your place. Since you are precious in My sight, Since you are honored and I love you, I will give other men in your place and other people in exchange for your life. Do not fear, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east, and gather you for the west. I will say to the north, Give them up! And to the south, Do not hold them back. Bring My sons from afar, And My daughters from the ends of the earth, Everyone who is called by My name, And whom I have created for My glory, Whom I have formed, even whom I have made......
You are My witnesses, declares the Lord, And My servant whom I have chosen, In order that you may know and believe Me, And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me. I, even I, am the Lord; And there is no savior beside Me. ... And I am God. Even from eternity I am He; And there is none who can deliver out of My hand; I act and who can reverse it?'"
Soon I am going to do a promises post. There are so many promises that I have hidden in my heart and treasure. I want to post them and I want to teach them to my children.
I am so glad I am His. I am not worthy, but I didn't have to be. It makes me all the more grateful.
Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me. And the life that I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and delivered himself up for me.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:19 And my God shall supply all my needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 1:6 He who began a good work in you will complete it until the day of Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment