Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Number Our Days

Psalm 90:12 Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

I struggle.
There is so much to do that I want to bury my head in freestyle on the computer.
Freestyle is so easy to organize. I can almost always win.
And I don't feel like I am winning when it seems that as soon as I get something done, it is undone.

Do you struggle with that?

If I do the dishes and clean the kitchen, it will be undone by the time we eat our next meal.
If I pick up the den and sweep the floor, the baby will eat, and she's a messy eater, and  the floor need to be cleaned again. 
If I do the laundry, we wear the clothes and they are dirty again.
I know that I am preventing another layer of messy by continuing in the the struggle for order, but I never seem to get there.

Nonetheless, freestyle is not a wise use of my time.
I want every hour to count.

Matthew 9:37 Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few."

I want to be a laborer in His harvest. If I am wasting my time, who is perishing because I didn't use my time wisely and labor in the harvest?

Many are perishing! So many!

Oh Lord, burden our hearts for the lost! Teach us to labor fruitfully in Your harvest and lead others to You!
Let us be mindful of every hour that we could use laboring in Your harvest! Let us love each of these perishing ones as You do.

Lord,
Thank You for loving me. Thank You for Your mercy and patience. Thank You for the opportunity to work as Your laborer in Your harvest. Help me to see the opportunities that are before me and take advantage of those. Give me the opportunity to do Your work.
I love You so, Lord.
In Jesus Name,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment